Mentoring Program Description:
The purpose of the Mentoring Program is to provide students, alumni and friends of the college with a forum for establishing a meaningful mentoring relationship. Through the program, students will learn about interview preparation, career paths, work place experiences, and enhance their personal and professional networks. The program provides alumni with a platform to help students and the Smeal College community. Mentors and protégés should expect to connect at least monthly during the school year.
Mentoring Program Timeline:
- Summer 2015: Matches are made for the Mentoring Program.
- Late August 2015: Protégés and Mentors are notified of the pairs.
- Early September 2015: Virtual Orientation workshop.
- August – September 2015: Protégé initiates contact with Mentor (tips are provided).
- Ongoing: Minimum of 1X/month Protégé-Mentor contact (conversation topic examples are provided).
- October 2015: Impact Smeal Day in the Business Building.
- December 2015: Mid-year Survey
- March 2016: Impact Smeal Day at the Business Building.
- April 2016: End of program Survey
- End of semester 2016: Formal end of program; Protégés and Mentors may stay in touch after the end of the program, if desired.